Our Guess Who? Karneval costumes were a pretty big hit among those who saw them, which excites me, because I loved them too and will probably do it again. I wish I could claim Miss Creativity on this one, but I definitely saw the idea on Pinterest. For those of you who missed out on your childhood and never got to play Guess Who?, here is one side of the game. You try to guess the other player’s character by asking a serious of yes or no questions like “Does your person have a beard?”. By process of elimination, you can figure out the other player’s character. It’ s simply an 80s classic. Our boards say “Wer ist es?” because that is the name of the game in Germany. The character names remain the same.
How to Make a Guess Who Costume in 5 Easy Steps
Weather Friendly - you can wear whatever outfit with them you like, so whether it’s freezing cold or scorching hot, this costume does not need to be altered, covered up, or taken off.
Cheap - this costume seriously cost us 5 Euro to make
Easy - any adult can make this
Frame can be obtrusive in crowded spaces
Holding the frame can be annoying
What You’ll Need
Box cutter (handle with care)
Red and blue permanent markers
String or ribbon
Accessories: Once you pick your character, you might need a beret, mustache, necklace, etc.
1. Measure and cut board. Be sure to cut out the center of the frame in one solid piece. You will use it later for the question mark.
2. Sketch question mark on remaining center frame piece in block letter style. Cut it out.
3. Trace question mark outline onto construction paper. Cut it out. Paste it over question mark for coloring.
4. Punch a hole in top of question mark. Insert string through hole and tie long enough to wear comfortable as a necklace.
5. Use markers to write “Guess Who?” on top of the frame and your character’s name on the bottom.
Have you ever played Guess Who?